Monday, May 03, 2004

If you know anybody in St. Louis, send them to see Crazy Love.

If you don't know anybody in St. Louis, meet some people in St. Louis and send them to see Crazy Love.

We had an audience of 2 last weekend; two people.

Two people doesn't seem so much like an audience. It's like having a couple of friends over to watch a movie or eat cheesecake. Only we didn't have any cheesecake. There was no movie either. I would have much rather watched a movie.

Once I took my daughter to a movie and she and I were the only people in the theater. It wasn't bizarre because the movie didn't know we were the only two people in the theater. The film just ran through the projector and never once thought, "I bet this is awkward for those two people sitting there all by themselves."

Not so with a live performance. I couldn't help but wonder whether or not Ed and Maryann (that was the audience's name) wanted to be somewhere else. I felt bad for them. I wished I was a movie.

No comments: