Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Elephant Packs Creativity in Trunk

Five in action

This elephant is painting a picture by holding a paintbrush in her trunk. She's created over 50 paintings at the West Midland Safari Park in Worcestershire. Her keeper says she paints in a unique style that would not look out of place in a contemporary art exhibition. I suppose that's good news for other zoo animals that are hoping to have their own art shows. It may be a little discouraging for current artists who are aspiring to do the same thing. It's tough enough getting gallery space without having to compete with the animal kingdom.

I heard somebody say that there are monkeys with typewriters feverishly creating the works of William Shakespeare. I may turn this blog over to our new puppy, Blake, and see what he can do with it. Who know? He might be articulate. He's not great at peeing outside, but I shouldn't let that prejudice me in regard to his writing...



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: