Sunday, March 14, 2004

There's too much competition to be "the best". Recently, the Oscar's were swept by "Lord of the Rings". Kind of disappointing for the other movies I suppose, unless they adopt my system.

Rather than compete for the same award as everyone else, try to dominate in an area that nobody else cares about. That way, you'll probably hang onto the title for decades.

Here are just a few of the titles that I have secured for myself over the years. I have never had anyone put up a fight to take them from me.

"Best Quiche in Howard County"
"Largest Collection of Rejection Letters from Syndicated Television Shows"
"Most Ridiculous Cow-Lick"
"Most Repeats of College Sociology Class before Passing"
"Largest Private Collection of Plastic Space Men"

The secret to winning is not necessarily being the best. Sometimes, it's being the only one who shows up.

No comments: