Friday, April 10, 2009

I Think I Swallowed A Shark

Fishermen in the Philippines accidentally caught and later ate a
megamouth shark, one of the rarest fish in the world with only 40
others recorded to have been encountered.

I'm curious how you "accidentally" eat a shark. I mean, I've accidentally eaten bugs before.  They fly into my mouth, I swallow them. I doubt that a shark can be eaten in the same way. Especially if that shark has "mega" anywhere in its name.

If it's possible to accidentally eat an 1100 pound shark, then nothing is really safe from being inadvertently consumed. I could swallow my dog.  I might accidentally ingest the cat or, heaven forbid, a loved one! Most of my closest friends are much smaller than this shark! I think, to be safe, I'm going to tape my mouth shut when I'm in public. I'll not remove the tape until whoever (or whatever) is standing in front of my has been identified as something I shouldn't eat.  I'm not taking any chances.

I'd also recommend that if you're planning to visit the Philippines, stay away from the fishermen until after they've had lunch.
This dead megamouth shark was photographed March 30 in the town of Donsol, Sorsogon province, central Philippines.

No comments: