Monday, February 01, 2010

This Nonsense Has To Stop

Snohomish Slew will share his frognosticating ability on GroundFrog Day in Snohomish, Wash. this Saturday."GroundFrog" Day coming to Wash. State The event, which falls three days before Groundhog Day, finds Slew offering a weather prediction, or "frognostication," as organizers say.

I'm uncomfortable with this. I don't trust the frog. The groundhog has been predicting weather for decades.  I don't know for sure, but I think he has meteorological training.  Can a frog even see his shadow?  Does a frog even CAST a shadow being partially submerged most of the time?

This kind of thing gets started and next thing you know, Santa's sleigh will be pulled by a team of salamanders. Easter eggs will be delivered by turtles.  I'm uncomfortable with this.



No comments: